Monday, August 31, 2015

A little slice of heaven

I saw you last night. You were in my dreams. You were as real as you could be. So clear. I stepped closer and placed my hands on your shoulders. I looked at you, knowing in my heart this could be the last time I see you for a while. You hair was exactly the same as when you left us. I studied you so closely. I traced every line on your face, I looked into your eyes and our eyes held each other. It was the most beautiful moment.

I woke this morning with the deepest ache after seeing my mom in my dreams. This was unlike any other time.
Most of time she is still sick, or we are going somewhere or doing something but this time she was just standing there. There were no words between us. I can't tell you what she was wearing, all I can tell you is she was so real to me. I remember thinking in my dream, this is the 5 more minutes I have always wanted. Even as I type I can't stop the tears as my heart aches at her loss and I grieve for her.

As I had time with the Lord this morning I let the tears flow. Healing tears. Tears that bring peace and comfort because He is near to the brokenhearted. I prayed for everyone today where ever they are grieving a loss this big. Grieving a potential loss because sickness has invaded their family the way it once invaded mine. It was so therapeutic.

Time is never a healer of these things but God always is. I encourage you, if this is you today, cry out to God in your brokenness. He hears you. He is sympathetic to us. The word says he keeps count of our tossings; and puts our tears in His bottle...Ps. 56:8
Isn't that amazing? How precious that is to think the God of this universe sees and keeps record of me and you!
So thankful for the the joy that brings. Seek Him today and you will be able to choose joy despite the mourning.

Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. I want a dream like that. I understand your aching. Mine comes and goes with my dad. It's been so long since I dreamed of him.

    ReplyDelete