Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Journey has Begun

The house is quiet as I sit in near darkness contemplating all that begins in just 5 and 1/2 short hours.
My eye lids are heavy but I am determined to stay awake just a little longer in the hopes I will be so tired tomorrow that sleep will find me on that long leg to Beijing.

I think of Joy. It is 12:23pm where she is. What is she doing? What is she thinking about? Is she anxious? Scared? Sad? Is she filled with hopeful anticipation or terror and dread?

What about her foster mom and foster sister? This sweet girl who has been such an integral part of their lives for a little over 10 years will be leaving and, most likely, never coming back. What are they thinking and feeling?

And Jenna Grace. She is fast asleep at Nai Nai's probably dreaming about Frozen.
What about the the boys, Brian and me?! Our lives will never be the same again. Its surreal. And despite all the angst and struggle at different times on this journey it is so worth it.

I think about all it took to get to this place. This place that is so far from anything we thought we would do. I stress to people all the time. This wasn't EVER at any point part of any plan we ever had for ourselves. Sure we knew we would adopt again, but this soon and a 13 year old?! No way!

BUT GOD. His provision blows me away. Just today another $1,000 has come in. WOW!
But not just in the finances. In the multitude of ways he has grown and shaped us though out this process. How we have grown in trust and faith.
Things are still a little rocky for me on the anxiety ship but not near where they were even just 1 month ago. I am so thankful for a God who continues to love on me and point me in the right direction despite myself. He is so gracious and merciful. There really aren't enough words to articulate exactly how I am feeling.

As we begin our journey in a few hours I am counting on and believing God for even more growth as, (personally), I face my greatest fear (flying) to do His work. The work that I am truly honored to do to help further HIS Kingdom.

Won't you come along for the ride?

Blessings.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I sensed such a sweet peace in it. Praying for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! We'll be facing all of the same feelings in just a couple of months. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete